Sharda University is a leading Educational institution based out of Greater Noida, Delhi NCR. A venture of the renowned SGI group, the University has established itself as a high quality education provider with prime focus on holistic learning and imbibing competitive abilities in students.
The University is approved by UGC and prides itself in being the only multi-discipline campus in the NCR, spread over 63 acres and equipped with world class facilities.
Sharda University promises to become one of the India's leading universities with an acknowledged reputation for excellence in research and teaching. With its outstanding faculty, world class teaching standards, and innovative academic programmes, Sharda intends to set a new benchmark in the Indian education system.
Approval by UGC
- University Grants Commission after detailed inspection of our Physical and Academic Infrastructure has provided us registration under Section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956.
- University Grants Commission has empowered us to award the degrees under Section 22 of UGC Act 1956.
- Sharda University is a full fledged University and not a deemed University.
Approval by State Government
- Sharda University is a privately funded State University established through an act of State Legislature of Uttar Pradesh (14 of 2009)
- Government of Uttar Pradesh has issued us a no objection certificate to run the University.
Approval by AICTE
As per law, Universities do not require AICTE approval. Only institutions which are affiliated to Universities require approval. As Sharda University is a Bonafide University established by a State Act, it does not require AICTE approval. The ruling was notified in the case of Bharathidasan University vs. AICTE. To download complete judgement taken from Supreme Court, click here
As per AICTE's reply to an RTI, "Universities including Private Universities established by the State Legislations do not require prior approval from AICTE". To view AICTE's detailed reply, Click here
Recognition / Approval by Statutory Bodies
- MCI : MCI has approved our undergraduate course (MBBS) in medical education for year 2011, after verifying the various requirements to be satisfied for the award of degree. (Click here)
- DCI : DCI has recognized our undergraduate course (BDS) in Dental Education and approved the various requirements to be satisfied for the award of degree. (Click here)
- Renewal of Permission for MDS 2012-13 (Click Here)
- Council of Architecture (CA): CA has approved our undergraduate course (B.Arch) in architecture for year 2012-13, after verifying the various requirements to be satisfied for the award of degree. (Click here)
- CA has also approved Sharda University as test center for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) to be held in 2013 (Click here)
- Bar Council of India (BCI): BCI has approved our courses BA LLB (Integrated), B.Com LLB (Integrated), BBA LLB (Integrated) for year 2012-13 and 2013-14, after verifying the various requirements to be satisfied for the award of degree. (Click here)
Eligibility of Sharda University Degrees for National and International Tests for Higher Education
Like any UGC recognized degrees of a University in India, students passing out from Sharda University are eligible to appear in examinations like GATE, CAT, UPSC, GMAT, GRE, JRF etc.
- GATE : For GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Examination) conducted by IITs in India. Sharda university students are eligible to appear in GATE
- CAT : Eligibility for CAT is a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks from a University established by Central or State Act. As Sharda University is established by the State Government, students are eligible for CAT and every year students of Sharda University participate in the CAT Examination.
- UPSC : Eligibility for UPSC examination is a Degree from a recognized University or equivalent. Website: http://www.upsc.gov.in/. Sharda University students are eligible to appear in UPSC
UP State Legislature
UGC Response- Govt. Recognition
Awards & Achievements
Acknowledging the world class education provided by Sharda University, top magazines, newspapers and television channels have bestowed good rankings to the University in various areas like placements, industry interface, infrastructure, international relations, etc.
Sharda University continues to receive national and international recognition. Here’s a quick look at some of our most recent and notable accomplishments: